Discover how Ruby on Rails allows you to build innovative web applications and explore your creativity
What you’ll learn
- You’ll also learn how to quickly prototype ideas and turn them into working apps
- Become a professional web application developer
- Become a professional Ruby on Rails developer
- Create and design any web application you can imagine
- Find work at software companies as a Ruby on Rails developer
- A modern browser and internet connection
- No prior programming or web app development experience necessary
Now featuring Rails 6 – the latest version of the Ruby on Rails framework.
Ruby on Rails Web Developer average salaries by city as of January 2020 (according to Glassdoor):
New York – $95,000/yr, Boston – $97,000/yr, San Francisco – $100,719/yr
Need more reasons on “why Ruby on Rails?”
Since its introduction in 2005, Ruby on Rails has quickly gained traction as one of the most popular and powerful web application development tools for startups and mature software companies alike. Ruby on Rails is a powerful framework that has been used to power top-ranked websites like Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, Yellow Pages, and more. Most of them are still using Rails after scaling to incredible heights. It is the technology industry that consistently pays the highest salary to Ruby on Rails developers.
The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer is:
#1 Web development course with Ruby on Rails on Udemy. 64,000+ students, 9500+ ratings, 57% of them are 5-star!
#1 Best-seller in Ruby on Rails since it’s launch
In this The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course, you will learn how to build everything from simple to complex, deployable, production-ready web applications
In this course, we will cover Ruby programming, 5 apps comprised of Alpha-blog and Finance Tracker that run on Rails 6, MessageMe and the University app that uses Rails 5, and a SAAS application upgrade to Rails 6 that is in progress!
Ruby on Rails is a comprehensive course that provides a comprehensive introduction to Web Application Development using Ruby on Rails. Through the use of more than forty hours of high-quality videos including video follow-up lecturers with instructions, references, and code, this The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course is designed to:
The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course teaches students who have no prior programming experience how to become proficient Ruby on Rails web application developers.
– Those with experience in Ruby on Rails or web development can get an edge in the industry by teaching them the necessities of backend development with Rails and teaching them how to create complex applications at will.
– We aim to provide students and professionals alike with a way to start working with Ruby on Rails as their preferred backend development framework so that they can quickly create robust web apps and make their ideas happen.
Current web apps built in the The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course (6):
A blog with CRUD functions, multiple resources, a custom authentication system, a front-end with Bootstrap, a DB layer with a many-to-many data model, and production deployment! Developed with Rails 4 and 5 (and with access to both repositories), this workstation supports both. This application was built using Rails 6 (compatible with 4, 5, 6).
Section 8: MessageMe real-time messaging app featuring ActionCable, use of WebSocket protocol and Semantic-UI front-end. Built using Rails 5!
Section 10: Besides extending the functionality of Android and iOS operating systems on the Foto App device, Stripe’s integrated payment API was also integrated, as well as uploading files to an AWS S3 bucket.
Section 11: We provide our clients with software as a service that includes functionality such as multi-tenancy, extending devices, payment capabilities through Stripe, team levels, and restricted access based on the type of payment.
Section 12: This is an optional (bonus) University App – Rails tutorial (optional for beginners). There’s a tutorial for modifying features and it uses MaterializeCSS instead of Bootstrap. The tutorial is beginner-friendly, but it uses a front-end framework, rather than Bootstrap. Built using Rails 5.
Ruby on Rails – Since its introduction 15 years ago, Xamarin continues to be the cool but stable framework of choice for startups, as it allows for rapid development while maintaining structure and security – allowing for complex and disruptive business ideas to be brought to life in record time.
Ruby, the programming language behind Rails, is introduced to the class first, then we learn Rails from the ground up following a very structured approach. From “Hello World” to Object-Oriented Programming, everything is covered in the course. Video lectures can be accompanied by homework assignments, quizzes, programming exercises, and online resources to help students learn skills quickly. In addition to the video lectures, students are also provided with supplementary material after each video, so that in addition to the video lectures, they have access to more than one textbook to assist them throughout the Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course.
In the beginning, students must write all code from scratch, which reduces the number of shortcuts and generators, which will allow them to better understand what is going on behind the scenes of Rails servers and how to design them accordingly. On the basis of the previously acquired knowledge and understanding, The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course will further introduce rapid prototyping and scaffolding, culminating in a complete Software as a Service application that can be used to launch a startup.
Some key features of this The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course are:
– 250+ lectures and 40+ hours of video content
– Ruby programming from scratch; writing your first program to say “Hello World” to Object Oriented Programming while building multiple mini-projects along the way
– Local installation and development options made available for both Macs and Windows machines (that’s right, Windows as well!)
– Git for version control, Github as code repository, Heroku for production deployment
– Working with Amazon Web Services S3 bucket for storage, Sendgrid for production email functionality, Multi-Tenancy using Milia
– Custom credit card form creation and working with Stripe API to implement payment processing functionality
– Rails MVC structure in-depth – Models, Views, Controllers
– FREE live support
– Design and conceptualization using wire-framing tools
– We built a first authentication system from scratch using the Rails stack, which also included the admin feature, login/signup, and logging out functions. To learn how to customize Device and speed up authentication systems, after that, we will learn how to use Device and extend its basic functionality
– Bootstrap, Semantic-UI and MaterializeCSS (using material design concepts) for UI styling
– Fully automated test suites using Unit, Functional and Integration tests
– Database associations: One-to-many, many-to-many, self-referential using ActiveRecord
– much, much more!
Join today and I’ll see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to be a web app developer: This is a complete course that starts with Ruby and ends with creating multiple web apps with Rails 5 & 6.
- Anyone who wants to learn to code: Ruby is a language built with programmer happiness in mind
- Anyone who wants to bring their web app ideas to life
- Anyone who wants to start their own startup with their own apps
Created by Rob Percival, Mashrur Hossain, Codestars by Rob Percival
Last updated 2/2021
Size: 15.1 GB
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 1
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 2
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 3
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 4
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 5
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 6