The Flask framework for building REST APIs in Python, Flask, Flask-RESTful, and Flask-SQLAlchemy
What you’ll learn
- Connect web or mobile applications to databases and servers via REST APIs
- Create secure and reliable REST APIs which include authentication, logging, caching, and more
- Understand the different layers of a web server and how web applications interact with each other
- Handle seamless user authentication with advanced features like token refresh
- Handle log-outs and prevent abuse in your REST APIs with JWT blacklisting
- Develop professional-grade REST APIs with expert instruction
- Some prior programming experience in any programming language will help. The REST APIs with Flask and Python course includes a full Python refresher course.
- All software used in the REST APIs with Flask and Python course is provided, and completely free
- Complete beginners may wish to take a beginner Python course first, and then transition to this REST APIs with Flask and Python course afterward
Is it often the case that outdated, incomplete, incorrect, and boring tutorials frustrate you? The time has come to stop copy-pasting code that you don’t understand.
One of the most popular Udemy courses is our REST API course! It is my pleasure to introduce myself as Jose. With over a decade of software engineering experience, I am here to lead you through the process of learning and mastering web and REST API development using Python and Flask.
Production-ready REST APIs with Flask
With this REST APIs with Flask and Python course, you will work on creating simple, intermediate, and advanced REST APIs, including authentication, deployment, databases, and more.
In the first part of the REST APIs with Flask and Python course, you will get a quick refresher course in Python covering all the basics through some of the most advanced features of Python – all the Python you will need to complete the course.
The focus of this REST APIs with Flask and Python course will be building production-ready RESTful APIs using Flask and popular Flask extensions including Flask-RESTful, Flask-JWT, and Flask-SQLAlchemy.
Furthermore, we’ll examine essential technologies such as Heroku, NGINX, and Git.
You’ll be able to…
- Create resource-based, production-ready REST APIs using Python, Flask, and popular Flask extensions;
- Handle secure user registration and authentication with Flask.
- Using SQLAlchemy and Flask-SQLAlchemy to easily and efficiently store resources to a database; and
- Understand the complex intricacies of deployments and the performance of Flask REST APIs.
But what is a REST API anyway?
Data may be sent to REST APIs by clients and can be returned to the application by REST APIs. A REST API allows users to submit text data, such as their username and password, and receive a response indicating if they are authorized to use that service.
When we create REST APIs, our clients are usually mobile apps or web applications. On the other hand, when we create websites, they are used by the clients themselves, not by us.
Together we will design an API that will support authentication as well as storing and retrieving any data from a database. As a result, you will be prepared for the development of any REST API you need in the future!
I have a strong commitment to providing students and teachers with excellent support and feedback. Please feel free to contact me whenever you have a question or need guidance.
There will be a meeting on the inside. Take your first step towards mastering REST APIs!
Who this course is for:
- A student interested in extending mobile and web application capabilities using server-side technologies
- Software developers seeking to expand their skillsets and learn how to develop REST-based APIs
- Students looking for a Python course that is tailored to specific web services
Created By Jose Salvatierra, Teclado by Jose Salvatierra
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 4.7 GB