What you’ll learn
- Using bitwise operations to optimize processing and storage in games.
- This Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity course covers the theory and application of vector mathematics as well as navigation in two-dimensional and three-dimensional space.
- Principles and practices behind collision detection using lines and line segments.
- An introduction to affine transformations and how and why they transform game objects.
- An introduction to quaternions and how they are used in game objects.
- How to build a mathematics library from scratch in C#.
- Familiarity with the Unity Game Engine
- Confidence in programming with C#
- Mathematics skills to high school level (basic trigonometry and algebra).
It is a fact that all computer games depend on mathematics to help them work properly, whether rendering, animation, physics, or artificial intelligence? Mathematics is all around us. In every profession, understanding mathematics at a fundamental level is important, but it is particularly essential in the game development industry. In addition, you will be able to customize the interface of your game engine. Without it, even moving a character across the screen is impossible. Would you like to expand your knowledge of mathematics to become a better game developer? Take these Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity course if you are interested in learning more about it.
The purpose of this Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity course is to develop your own C# classes to work with geometric constructs in 2D and 3D space and to become familiar with positioning and moving game objects. The goal of this project is to develop your own mathematics library to mimic the methods of Unity’s Vector2, Vector3, Matrix4x4, and Mathf libraries. Through the Unity Game Engine, we will emphasize mathematics concepts throughout the lesson.
The Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity course will cover the fundamentals of game development mathematics using Penny de Byl’s internationally acclaimed holistic teaching style and skills gleaned from her teaching, research, and work in the games and graphics industries. During this course, you will interact with skilled tutors in hands-on workshops designed to introduce you to the basic mathematical principles and techniques of programming computer games.
As part of the Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity course, you will build a game that will not only use the code we have already developed to move two-dimensional and three-dimensional objects around, but it will also require that you solve puzzles using intuition and knowledge of points and vectors. In the following mini-projects, mathematical concepts will be applied to game environments, as well as how they function in games.
Learn how to program and work with:
- Bitwise Operations, Bit Packing and Bitboards
- 2D and 3D Space
- Mapping from one coordinate system to another
- Positioning Objects
What students are saying about this Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity course:
- I enjoyed the course very much. The Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity course I found to be extremely educational and helpful I had ever found on Udemy. Penny is a pleasure to take a class with. As a result of learning very valuable information from the first section of the course, I was able to apply it to my game design.
- Despite being early on in the program, I’ve already learned enough to justify the purchase price.
- I always enjoy the professor’s captivating lectures about a subject I’ve been meaning to learn for a long time. She is so knowledgeable that her students learn so much from her. She has excellent Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity courses and a YouTube channel that is highly recommended.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners in game development who wish to understand the mathematics behind game engines.
- Programmers who want to move into the 2D and 3D gaming industries.
- A Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity course for game developers who wish to learn more about how mathematics can be applied in games.
- Mathematicians who want to explore how mathematics applies to computer games are welcome.
Created by Penny de Byl, Penny @Holistic3D.com
Last updated 6/2021
Size: 8.72 GB