Learn about Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to become a Google Certified Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE).
What you’ll learn
- Create an environment for Google Cloud which includes billing, projects, tools, access, and security.
- Configure, plan, deploy, monitor, and manage Google Cloud solutions.
- Become familiar with both the console and command-line options for using the Google Cloud.
- Complete the Google Associate Cloud Engineer certification exam.
- With this knowledge, you will be able to pass other GCP certification exams.
- Understanding the basics of Cloud Computing is crucial.
- Where necessary, code is provided for use in labs, and no coding experience is necessary.
- A desktop, laptop, or Chromebook is required.
- The course may be viewed on a mobile phone, but to participate in the labs you will need a larger screen.
- A willingness to do homework and labs is required. Hands-on experience and interaction are key to this course. The course will be beneficial to students who are motivated and active. The course is not suitable for passive students.
Multi-cloud strategies are increasingly being adopted by companies, resulting in Google Cloud’s growth. Gartner named Google Cloud a Leader in its Magic Quadrant for Infrastructure as a Service for the third consecutive year, and Google Cloud skills are in high demand. For this reason, Google has developed a certification program for the Associate Cloud Engineer in order to help companies identify qualified candidates.
The purpose of this course is to help students improve their skills on a regular basis by teaching the skills needed to attain the ACE certification, such as deploying and monitoring enterprise solutions. Through certification, the program also enables students to demonstrate their skills. As part of the certification process, students are not required to understand how to use the GCP Console or the command line, however, you will need experience with both before taking the test.
This course will also equip students with the solid foundation of GCP capabilities needed to earn the Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect (PCA) certification – which has recently been recognized as the top-paying IT certification in 2019.
The following skills will be acquired by the end of this course:
- Set-up and configure Google Cloud accounts using best practices.
- Use GCP services like Cloud Storage, Compute Engine, and Kubernetes Engine in your everyday work.
- Pass the GCP Associate Cloud Engineer certification exam.
The code used in labs is provided to you and you do not have to have coding experience.
Who this course is for:
- Sysadmins or other individuals who want to learn how to configure and manage Google Cloud systems and demonstrate those abilities through certification.
- Developers who want to leverage Google Cloud for the applications they build.
- Architects and technical managers who want to get hands-on and “stay honest” with the technology.
Created by Ryan Kroonenburg, Mattias Andersson, Nigel Poulton
Last updated 8/2020
Size: 5.4 GB