With MySQL Workbench, you can create advanced SQL databases. With this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course, you will learn how to analyze SQL data in a new way!
What you’ll learn
- Write advanced SQL queries to explore and analyze databases with MySQL Workbench
- Learn how to use subqueries and temporary tables to handle complex multi-step data problems
- Solve practical hands-on assignments and real-world eCommerce use cases
- Analyze data across multiple tables with powerful MySQL JOIN statements
- Master unique tips and tools that you won’t find anywhere else
- Get LIFETIME access to resource files, quizzes, assignments, and expert support
- MySQL Workbench and Community Server for Mac or Windows/PC (we’ll walk you through the free install process)
- It is expected that students have completed our SQL for Beginners course and have a solid understanding of SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins
Note that this is an advanced MySQL course. It builds upon the skills in our introductory MySQL courses. If you have not completed the beginner SQL course, you must review the prerequisite skills before taking this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course.
See why John is one of the TOP-RATED SQL/MySQL Instructors on Udemy:
“It was a great course! I never got bored despite reading the book at a pace that was easy to understand. My experience with MySQL was fun and I learned so much. My goal at the end of the day had been to continue to learn — I wanted to move on to the next lesson!“
– Ann S.
“I highly recommend this advanced course! It is highly recommended that you take both SQL courses from Maven Analytics. In this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course, people can learn how to build real-world eCommerce databases, which is the best part. You’ll understand the concepts better when you can see how they relate to real-life scenarios and outcomes as opposed to merely reading about them. Your work is great!“
– Dan S.
“Besides being knowledgeable about SQL and databases, he is also a master at explaining them. In comparison to other SQL courses and books that I’ve read, this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course is much more effective. I’m looking forward to seeing what else John has to offer!“
– Steven M.
If you want to develop practical, real-world analytics & BI skills using advanced SQL, you’re in the right place.
The experience will be unlike anything you have ever had. In addition to teaching you how to apply your SQL skills to real-world projects, our expert instructor will show you how to THINK like a real analyst rather than just showing you random data and demonstrations.
You will be working directly with the CEO, Marketing Director, and Website Manager to help grow the business and analyze its performance. As part of this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course, you will learn advanced SQL tools and techniques and work on real-world projects that data analysts and business intelligence professionals complete every day.
- SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and tables joins are examined in the prerequisite SQL skills assessment. The following skills should be familiar to you before enrolling in this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course. Taking the quiz available here will enable you to gauge your SQL knowledge.
- You’ll learn how to download and install the tools we need to make use of MySQL, including the MySQL Community Server and MySQL Workbench, for those students who haven’t completed our introductory course yet. The next session will include information on how to get the download guides for Macs and PCs, and be the start of creating the projects database that we will examine throughout the course.
- This section will examine how our website traffic is coming from, the performance of different sources in terms of traffic volume and conversion rates, and how we can adjust our bids in order to maximize our budget.
- Website measurement and testing is a section where we will analyze page-level website data, build and analyze conversion funnels, and analyze traffic and conversion rates to help optimize a customer’s online purchase experience.***MID-COURSE PROJECT: Preparing data for the executive board meeting
- Channel Analysis & OptimizationIn this section we’ll dig deeper into our traffic channel mix, explore paid vs. free traffic, break down performance by device type, and write advanced SQL queries to conduct some time-series analyses to understand trending and seasonality.
- Here we will use MySQL to analyze cross-selling patterns, analyze product-level sales and conversion rates, and use refund rates to evaluate the quality of our products.
- Analyses at the user levelIn this section, we’ll explore user behavior and repeat sessions, and use MySQL techniques to identify our most valuable customers and to determine where they come from.***FINAL PROJECT: Building a data-driven growth story for potential investors
You will actually be able to identify patterns and trends by completing course projects and exercises. This Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course is different from other SQL courses in that it emphasizes sharpening your business intelligence and analytical thinking skills. Data analysts should take this course if they are interested in an analytical career.
Enroll today and get LIFETIME access to:
- 8+ hours of high-quality video
- Downloadable MySQL ebook
- Quizzes and hands-on projects
- Mid-course and Final SQL projects
- 30-day money-back guarantee
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will not learn how to create, modify, or maintain a SQL/MySQL database in this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course. We will discuss data exploration and database analysis with MySQL and MySQL Workbench in this course (database administration tools will be covered in a separate course).
-John (Lead SQL Instructor & MySQL Expert, Maven Analytics)
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for “Maven Analytics“ to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, and Tableau courses!
Who this course is for:
- Analysts or BI professionals looking to quickly retrieve or analyze data stored in relational database systems
- Microsoft Excel users who wish to move on to a broader business intelligence or database role
- For SQL users looking to master one of the world’s most popular and powerful database programming languages
- If you want to learn MySQL for business intelligence and data analysis in an engaging and engaging way, this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course is for you
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
- NOTE: This Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course is NOT for database administrators (we won’t cover tools to build or maintain databases in this course)
Created by Maven Analytics, John Pauler
Last updated 2/2021
Size; 3.1 GB