Become an expert with SQL and PostgreSQL! Store and fetch data, tune queries, and design efficient database structures!
What you’ll learn
- Learn and apply multiple database design patterns
- Optimize queries for superb read and write efficiency
- Understand how PostgreSQL stores information at the hardware level
- Connect PostgreSQL to front-end apps using an API
- Build common app features, such as a ‘like’ and ‘mention’ systems
- Handle complex concurrency issues and race conditions
- Advance your database designs using schema migrations
- See how to use PostgreSQL to speed up automated tests
- Practice all of these skills using a huge number of built-in exercises
- A Mac, PC, or Linux-based Computer
Database structure design? It’s here. Query tuning and optimization? You’ll master it. Complex queries? Yes indeed!
The only PostgreSQL course online that will teach you how to design a database, store complex data, and optimize queries, everything you need for managing a production, scalable database!
Each app, whether it is a mobile app built with Flutter, a web app built with React, or a simple HTML page, needs to store information in a database. While there are many different databases available, PostgreSQL has been the top choice for years, offering scalable performance, rock-solid uptime, and flexible design systems. The PostgreSQL course will teach you everything you need to know so you can put it to good use in your next big project!
Is there absolutely no knowledge of databases in your case? No problem. Our initial step is to introduce one to SQL, the SQL language used to interact with the PostgreSQL database. You’ll get the opportunity to work with real datasets through a large number of exercises. The command-line interface demonstrates how to store, fetch, and update information in a powerful manner.
As you gain experience with elementary operations, you will learn database design patterns, offering multiple ways to structure your database for efficient data modeling. Several different approaches and scenarios will be shown with different types of data so that you can fully comprehend the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
You get hands-on practice with fun quizzes and exercises in this PostgreSQL course. Getting immediate practice on all of the topics and features will help you master what you’ve learned! Additionally, you’ll understand where to use each of these features in real and practical projects.
Aside from practical hands-on experience, you will get a behind-the-scenes look at how PostgreSQL operates. You’ll learn how PostgreSQL stores the information it requires on your hard drive in raw data files. Having this knowledge allows you to fine-tune your queries for maximum performance. With a natural grasp of PostgreSQL’s inner workings, you can expect to make the most of your database’s performance.
Here is a partial list of some of the topics that are covered in this PostgreSQL course:
- Apply powerful SQL commands to store, update, and retrieve information
- Build relationships between records using foreign keys between tables
- Understand PostgreSQL’s numerous data types, and when to use each
- Assemble reports of business data by using aggregation pipelines
- Work with millions of records to simulate real production queries
- Exercise your query logic skills through the use of sets and sorting operators
- Compose queries out of smaller reusable units using subqueries
- Use different design patterns to efficiently model your data
- See how to divide database objects into different schemas to maintain them more easily
- Validate your data using simple ‘check’ rules
- Construct perfect designs for common features such as ‘like’, ‘follow’, and ‘tag’ systems
- Speed up your queries with indexes – you’ll see exactly how they work behind the scenes!
- Dive into some of the most complex queries around with recursive common table expressions
- Deal with concurrency issues easily by applying transactions
I made this PostgreSQL course to be the perfect resource for engineers just getting started with their first database. Master the database itself, and see how to apply it with real designs. Sign up today and master PostgreSQL!
Who this course is for:
- Any developers looking to understand databases
- Application engineers seeking to expand their backend skillset
Created by Stephen Grider
Last updated 4/2021
Size: 7.6 GB