Explore advanced React Native topics such as animation, maps, notifications, navigation, and more!
What you’ll learn
- Make compelling applications using expert-level features of React Native
- Create amazingly smooth and performant animations
- Build new React Native apps with Expo
- Learn the latest navigation options for React Native apps.
- Add logic to your Firebase backend with Google Cloud Functions
- Update your users with cross-platform Push Notifications
- Handle your users going offline with Redux Persist
NOte: You should have some familiarity with React Native before taking this React Native: Advanced Concepts course. My course ‘The Complete React Native and Redux‘ is a great preparation!
Explore the possibilities of React Native beyond the basics! You’ll learn how to create a #1 best-selling app by mastering advanced topics.
Push Notifications? You will learn it. In Depth Animations? Included. Offline Data Persistence? Of course!
What Will You Build?
The focus in my classes is on learning by doing: no boring Powerpoint lectures, just real-life coding examples. This React Native: Advanced Concepts course involves developing three increasing-complexity apps using React Native, each demonstrating a different aspect of the technology. By implementing the concepts in a real app, you’ll better understand the power and limitations of each unique feature.
1) Create a Tinder-style Swipe Deck. Yes, it’s the classic animated component! We will create a beautiful card stack that users can swipe through by flicking right or left to like or dislike something. During this warmup, you will learn how pan-responsive systems interpret input from the touch screen. You will also gain an understanding of how to use animated components and extrapolate animation values with the Interpolation system.
2) Dive into the backend with One Time Password authentication. Have you ever been asked to sign in with a code that was texted to you? An essential part of the One Time Password protocol is the use of the user’s telephone number as the authentication identifier. As part of the authentication process, Firebase will utilize Twilio’s API to send a user a text message, and it will secure the application’s business logic with Google Cloud Functions.
3) Your own Job-Search app. Tinder for jobs! This app is 100% functional! The app will include a tutorial for new users, authentication via Facebook, and map components. Based on the user’s location, Indeed’s Job API will offer a list of available jobs, followed by an invitation to apply to ones that interest them.
Here’s what we’ll learn:
- Learn the theory and practice of implementing complex Animation systems
- Bootstrap your app using the new Expo platform
- Navigate your user around using React-Navigation
- Engage your users with automated Push Notifications
- Enhance authentication flows in your app with One Time Passwords with Twilio
- Increase your app’s reliability with Offline Data Persistence
- Educate your users on how to use your app with Welcome Tutorial pages
- Authenticate your users using Facebook OAuth
- Go beyond the mobile front end with Google Cloud Functions: Add custom logic to your Firebase backend
- Locate your users with cross-platform MapView components
My React Native: Advanced Concepts course offers to learn React Native that I could have taken earlier. The concepts and their implementation will be thoroughly explained in this React Native: Advanced Concepts course, which helps you learn and understand them more deeply.
Who this course is for:
- This React Native: Advanced Concepts course is for anyone looking to learn advanced topics of React Native
Created by Stephen Grider
Last updated 4/2021
Size: 2.26 GB