Step ahead in your Python career and learn about PEP8, Unit-Testing (TDD), Type Annotations, and Python Packaging.
What you’ll learn
- The Coding guidelines and good practice programming (PEP8)
- Tooling with Pylint, Flake8, Autopep8, Black, etc.
- Type Annotations and Mypy
- The usage of Debugging, Profiling, Timing and Unit Testing
- The creation of own Python packages
- The creation of a modern HTML documentation
- The usage of continuous integration tools
- Be able to work with your operating system and the terminal
- You should know the Python basics (Variables, Functions, Classes etc.)
The Python: Coding Guideline, Tooling, Unit Testing and Packages course covers intermediate and advanced Python programming techniques.
This means that the Python: Coding Guideline, Tooling, Unit Testing, and Packages course is not intended for programming beginners.
However, you do not have to be a senior software engineer, you just should know about the basics in Python.
❗ Variables and primitive data types
❗ Boolean logic and conditions/comparisons
❗ Wiriting own and using extern functions and classes
❗ Working with pip and external packages (importing)
❗ Python installed on your computer (for example with Anaconda)
The Course covers the following Topics:
☑️ Creating a Python environment tailored for the Python: Coding Guideline, Tooling, Unit Testing and Packages course (virtualenv or anaconda env)
☑️ Installing and setting up the most used Python IDE: Visual Studio Code (vscode)
☑️ The coding guidelines and good practice programming (PEP8)
☑️ The usage of Pylint, Flake8, Autopep8, Black and Pydocstyle
☑️ Different docstring styles for your code (sphinx, NumPy, and google)
☑️ The usage of type annotations and the static type checker MyPy
☑️ The usage of debugging, profiling, execution time measuring (timing) and unit testing (TDD)
☑️ The creation of own Python packages that can be uploaded to PyPi
☑️ The creation of modern HTML documentation with mkdocs and google docstrings
☑️ The usage of continuous integration tools (github actions for testing and codedoc)
Step ahead in your Python career an join this Python: Coding Guideline, Tooling, Unit Testing and Packages course!
I hope will see you there ✌
Created by Jan Schaffranek
Last updated 1/2021
Size: 2.8 GB
Who this course is for:
- (Junior) Python developer who want to master the language