You can showcase your cloud computing knowledge and strengthen the security posture of your organization by earning the CCSP certification. As well as enabling you to increase your compensation and position yourself for new job opportunities, it can also enhance your career development.
Prerequisites for this ISC2 CCSP Training
CCSP Course Goals
By the end of this CCSP course, students should be able to:
- Know what the CCSP exam is about
- Understand all six CCSP domains
- Be prepared for the CCSP exam
By taking the CCSP training Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) course, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of security risks and mitigation strategies related to data security in the cloud as well as prepare for the CCSP exam.
What is CCSP?
Certified Cloud Security Professional is the acronym for this designation. This is a fairly new certification, established in 2015 by the ISC2 and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), that was created in response to the increasing popularity of cloud computing and its associated security risks. An individual who has earned the certification has demonstrated a thorough understanding of the security measures associated with the cloud, as well as with software, information, and other cyber environments.
What Does this online CCSP Training Entail?
By taking our CCSP online course, you will gain knowledge and skills to protect the cloud environment of your organization. With more and more companies storing information in the cloud, cloud computing experts have become increasingly important. You can become one of these experts by taking this Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) course.
You can pass the CCSP exam after completing CCSP training. Once completed, you’ll possess comprehensive knowledge regarding the security challenges that are common to different types of cloud services, the ability to select and implement appropriate controls to ensure the security of cloud environments, and the ability to identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks to your organization’s cloud environment. During this module, you will explore each of the six core domains of CCSP common body of knowledge in detail:
- Cloud security architecture design concepts and requirements
- Cloud data security
- Cloud platform and Infrastructure security
- Cloud Application security
- Legal and compliance
How Useful is ISC2 CCSP Certification?
By achieving certification, you demonstrate that you have hands-on experience and are a highly competent, knowledgeable cloud security specialist. You will qualify for a number of job opportunities and earn a higher salary simply by holding this certification.
Some of the common job titles for CCSP certified employees include:
- Security Administrator
- Security Manager
- Security Architect
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Security Consultant
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Enterprise Architect
The above list is by no means comprehensive. Many different roles within an organization could be represented by the job titles above.
You may also realize a higher salary if you become CCSP certified than your counterparts who do not have certification. There is no way of estimating CCSP salaries because the positions and organizations are so diverse.
What Does a CCSP Do?
The CCSP’s major responsibility is to identify critical information and implement the measures that reduce or eliminate the risk of exploitation for an organization. In order to operate and manage the cloud, you must have a good understanding of its architecture. These are some of the responsibilities of a CCSP:
- Building and implementing infrastructures for cloud environments
- Operating and overseeing infrastructures for cloud environments
- Managing physical infrastructures for cloud environments
- Building and operating logical infrastructures for cloud environments
- Ensuring compliance with regulation and controls
- Conducting risk assessments of physical and logical infrastructures
- Understanding how to acquire, collect and preserve digital evidence
- Managing communication with and identifying relevant parties
- Auditing and monitoring of tools, mechanisms, and facilities
What is Involved in the ISC2 CCSP Certification Exam?
The exam consists of 125 multiple-choice questions and lasts three hours. A successful passing grade requires at least 700 points on a 1,000-point scale. In the CCSP exam, six domains are covered, each of which is individually weighted as follows:
- Cloud concepts and design
- Cloud data security
- Cloud platform and infrastructure security
- Cloud application security
- Security architecture design operations and service orchestration
- Legal, Risk, and Compliance
You also must have the following to qualify for certification:
- At least five years paid work experience in information technology
- Three of the five years must consist of work in information security, and one year in one or more of the six domains (above)
Size: 2.9 GB